About Goldstitch Studio
Goldstitch Embroidery was founded almost 21 years ago. With support from Durham City Business Link and Chester le Street Enterprise Agency. As we developed our business we went on to win two Cultural and Creative awards from Arts Council England.
Goldstitch Durham Our work includes –
- Personalising ladies and gentleman’s handkerchiefs.
- Commission embroidery from private individuals.
- Film and theatre embroidery.
- Bespoke wedding embroidery supplying dressmakers and wedding planners nationwide.
- Digitising a logo and embroidering a motif to personalise your items.
- Our unique sewing studio opened 8 years ago and we are based in a small village on the outskirts of Durham City.
- We stock fabrics and haberdashery and teach you to sew your own alterations, make your own clothes and soft furnishings.
Available to book are social sewing groups and project based workshops. These are from beginners learning to sew to those of you who wish to enhance and learn new skills. We have 1 to 1 tuition at an hourly rate of £25.
Within our studio you will find a select range of craft and premium cotton fabrics, dressmaking materials, stretch jerseys and haberdashery.
We are stockists of Liberty Tana lawn and Liberty stretch jersey.
Hello I’m Jean.
With over 30 years of experience in pattern drafting sewing and digitizing machine embroidery. I have sewn everything from embroidered bridal gowns and christening robes, to jackets, coats, dresses, skirts, trousers, tops and much more. For the home, I have upholstered a sofa, a foot stool, and dining chair seat covers. Soft furnishing include bedding, cushions, curtains and blinds.
I quilt too! making oven gloves, tea cosies, bags and cushion covers and in the past I made a memory quilt from my daughters clothing.
We have a range of workshops which include dressmaking and altering your pattern for clothing to fit you. Making soft furnishings, sewing tote and cosmetic bags and much more.
Please join me at our inspiring studio and let me share my knowledge and passion for sewing with you.